Master of Akidah and Religion Studies
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: A307
Medium of instructions: English and Arabic
Credit hours: 45
Duration of Studies:
- Full Time: 3-6 semesters
- Part Time: 4-8 semesters
Programme Option: Mixed Mode
BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAMME
The Master of Akidah and Religion Studies programme is offered by mix mode of study.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Master of of Akidah and Religion Studies programme is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To produce postgraduates who are competent to synthesize knowledge with basic principles relating to Islamic Aqidah, Philosophy, Tasawuf and Comparative Religion both in theory and practice which can defend the Aqidah of the Ahl Sunnah wal Jamaah;
- To produce matured postgraduates who could highlight visionary leadership pattern and contribute to the success of teamwork across multi-disciplinary context with the spirit of high religious tolerance;
- To produce postgraduates who can contribute towards the development of knowledge and civilization in order to uphold the excellence of knowledge and humanity; and
- To produce postgraduates who practise Islamic values and praiseworthy character and able to give significant contribution to the society and country.
- The Methodolgy of Ahl Sunnah in Akidah
- Tasawuf and Contemporary Issues
- Islamic Philosophy and Epistemology
- Methodology in Religious Dialogue
Admission to Master’s Degree by Mixed Mode
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.75/4.00 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75/4.00, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50/4.00, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment; or
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the University and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (3) above.
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
Local Full Time
Local Part Time
Master of Akidah & Religion Studies
The fees that stated are subject to change from time to time without any prior notice by the University. Student are advised to check the CGS Website for any changes before the of each semester registration. All fees must be paid upon registration.
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
Applicants can apply via online at https://ipps2.usim.edu.my/ and fill the prescribed forms. Forms and supporting authenticated documents must then be submitted through online or mailed to the office.
For information related to visa and student pass, please refer to http://alamiyyah.usim.edu.my
Centre for Academic Management
Division of Graduate Studies
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
Bandar Baru Nilai, 71800, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, MALAYSIA
Phone: +606 797 8683 / +606 797 8684
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com