Doctor of Philosophy Human Resource Management
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: A404
Medium of instructions: English and Malay
Duration of Studies:
- Full Time: 6-8 semesters
- Part Time: 8-10 semesters
Programme Option: By Research
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Doctor of Philosophy in Human Resource Management programme is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To produce postgraduates who study indepth the field of da’wah philosophy and management compatible to the development of currect da’wah needs;
- To produce matured postgraduates in Islamic studies and Islamic values, and who are interested in da’wah and management works and research; and
- To produce human resource who is capable of performing given tasks and who provides maknawi and maddi contribution to social and nation’s developement in terms of da’wah, information, management and general media.
COMPONENTS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Students are required to pass the compulsory courses in research methodology and data analysis.
- Students are required to sit and pass the qualifying test before they can start writing their thesis. The qualifying test is an examination of a research proposal presented in front of the qualifying test committee members. Should the students fail in their first attempt, they are allowed to retake the test once.
- Students are required to write a thesis in not more than 100,000 words (excluding footnotes, data collection, appendices, formulas, tables, diagrams, bibliographies, etc.).
- Students will be placed under a supervision of a supervisor/main supervisor and co-supervisor/supervisory committee members appointed by the Dean of Centre for Graduate Studies. The faculty will determine the appointment of supervisors.
- The thesis of each student will be examined by at least 3 examiners in which 2 of them are external examiners. A viva voce session will be conducted whereby the student defends his/her thesis in front of viva voce committee members.
- Students are required to publish at least 1 paper in a refereed journal and present at least 2 papers in a recognized conference or seminar.
- The duration for full time studies is from 6 to 8 semesters, whereas for part time studies is from 8 to 10 semesters.
- Research Methodology
- Data Analysis
For more information on our EXPERTS, please refer to http://fkp.usim.edu.my/dawah-and-islamic-management/
- A Master’s degree in the field or related fields accepted by the Senate; or
- Other relevant qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree AND with relevant professional experience recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the Faculty.
- Incumbent Master’s degree Student who has fulfilled the requirement of Regulations 8.0 and is approved by the Senate to convert his/her study to a Ph.D. degree; or
- A Bachelor’s degree with the following conditions:
i. a bachelor's degree in the field or related fields with first-class (CGPA of 3.67 or higher) or its equivalent from an academic or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programme;
ii. undergo internal assessment; and
iii. any other requirements of the JKPSU.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
Local Full Time
Local Part Time
Doctor of Philosophy in Human Resource Management
The fees that stated are subject to change from time to time without any prior notice by the University. Student are advised to check the CGS Website for any changes before the of each semester registration. All fees must be paid upon registration.
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
Applicants can apply via online at https://ipps2.usim.edu.my/ and fill the prescribed forms. Forms and supporting authenticated documents must then be submitted through online or mailed to the office.
For information related to visa and student pass, please refer to http://alamiyyah.usim.edu.my
Centre for Academic Management
Division of Graduate Studies
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
Bandar Baru Nilai, 71800, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, MALAYSIA
Phone: +606 797 8683 / +606 797 8684
Email: email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org