Master of Computer Science (Information Security and Assurance)
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: S303
Medium of instructions: English
Credit hours: 43
Duration of Studies:
- Full Time: 3 semesters
- Part Time: 4 semesters
Programme Option: Mixed Mode
Background of the Programme
The Master of Computer Science (Information Security and Assurance) program was first offered in Semester I, Academic Session 2012/2013. The program is offered in mixed mode structure, and the total number of credit hours for this program is 42 credit hours.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the programme are to produce: ·
1) Computing practitioners with advanced knowledge in the field of Information Security who use the best methodologies and techniques to provide innovative solutions to current problems in computing in line with Islamic principles. ·
2) Computing practitioners who have leadership skills and can communicate and interact effectively with various stakeholders. ·
3) Computing practitioners have a positive attitude, engage in lifelong learning activities and are entrepreneurial minded for career success.
4) Computing practitioners who uphold ethical values as well as professional practices in maintaining personal and career integrity.
Computer Science - Senior Systems Engineer, MIS Manager, CIO, Network Manager, Cybersecurity Senior Officer,Computer Scientist, Lecturer
Admission to Master’s Degree by Mixed Mode
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.75/4.00 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75/4.00, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50/4.00, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment; or
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the University and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (3) above.
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
Local Full Time
Local Part Time
Master of Computer Science (Information Security & Assurance)
The fees that stated are subject to change from time to time without any prior notice by the University. Student are advised to check the CGS Website for any changes before the of each semester registration. All fees must be paid upon registration.
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
NOTICE ON APPLICATION PROCESS TO THE FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MASTER'S OF MIXED MODE PROGRAMMES
July 19, 2022
Please be informed that the 98th Meeting of the Jawatankuasa Pengajian Siswazah Universiti (JKPSU) Edition. 8/2021 has agreed to tighten the application process for the Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) Mixed Mode programmes to the following:
a) One (1) offering in a year (only for Semester II).
b) Minimum of five (5) eligible candidates for each cohort before the issuance of offer letter.
Coordination with the Centre for Graduate Studies (PPS) and the Centre for Marketing and Student Admission (PPKP) has subsequently agreed:
To set a specific period for the application process of FST postgraduate programmes.
Accordingly, all prospective candidates are advised to contact the FST Postgraduate Managing Officer by joining the following Telegram Group: https://t.me/+AxT8TnBqOCMyZDU1, or by submitting their personal details and Bachelor qualifications via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FST team will then be in contact with you to provide more information on the application process.
Your attention is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Centre for Academic Management
Division of Graduate Studies
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
Bandar Baru Nilai, 71800, Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, MALAYSIA
Phone: +606 797 8683 / +606 797 8684
Email: email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org