Master of Muamalat Administration
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: MQA/FA5619
Medium of instructions: English
Credit hours: 42
Programme Option: By Coursework
BACKGROUND OF THE PROGRAMME
The Master in Muamalat Administration is designed for graduate students interested in progressing their career in Islamic management but who wish to study a broad range of topics and not be restricted to one specific functional area.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme Master of Muamalat Administration is designed to:
to emphasise on inculcating leadership and strategic management skills with a strong foundation of Islamic and ethical values for sustainability
Discipline Core Courses (24 Credit Hours)
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Finance
- Seminar in Muamalat
- Organizational Management
- Operations Management and Productions
- Accounting for Managers
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Economics
Discipline Elective Courses (Min. 12 Credit Hours)
- Halal Compliance Audit
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Research Methodology and Data Analysis
- Human Resource Management
- Wealth Management and Planning
Project Paper (6 Credit Hours)
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Medium of Instructions
English: (14 Core, Elective and Project subjects)
Arabic: (1 subject under university level for language requirement)
Total Credit Hours
Duration of study
Part Time (5 – 10 semesters)
Full Time (4 – 8 semesters)
Economic Affairs Officer, Financial Executive, Research and Development Executive, Entrepreneur, Business and Management Executive.
Doctor of Philosophy in Economics and Muamalat Administration and other equivalent programs.
Admission to Master’s Degree by Coursework
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.50/4.00, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment;or
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the University and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (2) above; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
Applicants can apply via online at https://ipps2.usim.edu.my/ and fill the prescribed forms. Forms and supporting authenticated documents must then be submitted through online or mailed to the office.
For information related to visa and student pass, please refer to http://alamiyyah.usim.edu.my
Graduate School of Muamalat (GSM)
Faculty of Economics and Muamalat,
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
71800 Bandar Baru Nilai, N.Sembilan, Malaysia
Tel : +606-797 8662/8663
Fax : +606-798 6302/6308
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org